Colorado Certified Massage Therapist Since 2011
Angela gained her 700 Hour Massage Certification through the Colorado School for Healing Arts from 2010 - 2011 where she learned the bodywork arts of:
- Swedish Massage - A gentle, flowing and soothing form of massage therapy that invites a therapeutic relaxing and stress relieving state of mind and body.
- Deep Tissue Massage - Massage using long, deep, and slow strokes intending to gain access to the deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. Useful for creating change in chronically bound-up muscle tissue.
- Neuromuscular Massage - A deep and specific form of massage that often involves breaking up adhesions (scar tissue) and trigger points so that normal structure and function can resume.
- Sports Massage - Used to enhance athletic performance, improve recovery, but is not only meant for professional athletes. Many therapists blend stretching and manual muscle manipulation to achieve the goal of optimal performance.
- Prenatal Massage - Prenatal massage focuses on addressing the special needs of expecting women and their baby. Specially-designed massage tables, cushions, and side-lying postures are used to keep both Mom and Baby safe and comfortable.
Upledger CranioSacral Therapist
Angela has been studying CranioSacral Therapy and SomtoEmotional Release through The Upledger Institute since 2012 and is currently in the process of becoming a CST-T
CranioSacral Therapy - A very gentle, light touch approach that releases tensions in the central nervous system so that every other system can relax, self-correct and free itself from pain and discomfort. The work is typically done with the client clothed and there is no need for oil or lotion. While receiving this work it is very common to fall into a dream-like state or even fall completely asleep on the massage table.
Usui Shiki Royoho Reiki Master since 2012
Angela received her Reiki instruction and attunements from private Reiki Master/Teacher Abby Rosan beginning in 2010 and completing in 2012. She incorporates Reiki into her bodywork sessions and prepares her space for each client using Reiki.
Reiki - A Japanese vibrational energy therapy by light touch, on or slightly off the body, balancing the human biofield. It is a technique proven to reduce stress, increase relaxation and promote healing by channeling the body's own healing energy. It was developed in 1920 by Dr. Mikao Usui and was brought to the United States in 1937.
Certified Wellness Coach since 2010
Angela studied Complementary Alternative Medicine through the American College of Health Sciences where she learned the basics of human nutrition, herbal medicine, pathophysiology and how to add Complementary Alternative Medicine to aid in balancing disorder. If you have questions about diet, supplements and alternative therapies she is poised to help you in whatever way she can.